HomeAnza Borrego Flower Report

Latest flower reports from Anza Borrego.

Winter 2019 Flowers Messages in this topic - RSS

DesertWRX
DesertWRX

1/20/2019
DesertWRX
DesertWRX
Looks pretty good so far! Both Anza-Borrego and Ocotillo Wells have had lots of flowers appearing.
link
Buford
Buford

1/21/2019
Buford
Buford
Mid December:

Late December:

A couple days ago:

--
Links to my photos: ABDSP photos, Bighorn sheep photos, ABDSP time lapse video, Wildlife photos (mainly birds)
+2 link
surfponto
surfponto
Administrator

1/22/2019
surfponto
surfponto
Administrator
We were out Sunday night for the super-moon.
Found some flowers when we were heading up S2 near Inner Pasture.
Looks like it could be a good bloom this year.

edited by surfponto on 1/22/2019

--
https://www.anzaborrego.net/

+2 link
DesertWRX
DesertWRX

2/22/2019
DesertWRX
DesertWRX
Every Wednesday I pull invasive plants in the park. Get to see lots of flowers! We were pulling them up in Coyote Canyon, but it was closed because of safety. Just today it opened up to Desert Garden. There are a lot of flower seekers now. Henderson Canyon doesn’t have much to see right now. The Sand Verbena is spectacular on S-22 from Clark Dry Lake to the middle of the Badlands.
Living in Borrego is great, but the Flowergeddon period was not so great!
+2 link
Buford
Buford

2/13/2019
Buford
Buford
Rocko1 wrote:
I believe there was a NY Time article last year that help fuel the fire.

Where are the majority of the blooms happening? I was just at Blair this weekend and while everything is green I didn't see any flowers.

Usual popular areas of blooms are around Henderson Canyon Road and the alluvial fans that drain the Ysidro’s. Other areas can be just as good with less people.

Looked promising a couple days ago, but still not full speed yet.

There is a disheartening amount of Sahara Mustard around, including remote spots. Good to see it is being weeded out in some areas.

--
Links to my photos: ABDSP photos, Bighorn sheep photos, ABDSP time lapse video, Wildlife photos (mainly birds)
+1 link
surfponto
surfponto
Administrator

2/14/2019
surfponto
surfponto
Administrator
I heard there may be some blooms in the Coyote Canyon area
Going to head out Saturday for the night and explore the Canyon Sin Nombre area to see what we can find.
I found this old picture from the general area I want to check out from 15 years ago when there was another Super Bloom

Wildflower Trip Report

Buford wrote:
Rocko1 wrote:
I believe there was a NY Time article last year that help fuel the fire.

Where are the majority of the blooms happening? I was just at Blair this weekend and while everything is green I didn't see any flowers.

Usual popular areas of blooms are around Henderson Canyon Road and the alluvial fans that drain the Ysidro’s. Other areas can be just as good with less people.

Looked promising a couple days ago, but still not full speed yet.

There is a disheartening amount of Sahara Mustard around, including remote spots. Good to see it is being weeded out in some areas.

edited by surfponto on 2/14/2019

--
https://www.anzaborrego.net/

Attachments:
FlowerField_L.jpg
+1 link
Buford
Buford

2/15/2019
Buford
Buford
Coyote Canyon rain gauge got >2.5” yesterday.

No surprise the road is closed due to flooding.
edited by Buford on 2/15/2019

--
+1 link
Buford
Buford

3/8/2019
Buford
Buford
I wonder if one of the next two weekends will be flowergeddon? I hope not.

--
+1 link