HomeGeneral Discussion

Topics not related specifically to Anza Borrego

No Big Horn this year seen during hiking Messages in this topic - RSS

Britain
Britain

4/22/2018
Britain
Britain
Put about 150 miles plus on the desert this year. Seen a lot of animals but no Bighorn. Has anyone seen any this year? This weekend went out in the Jeep did 3 separate 2 milers each, just checking out next year prospects. Was in the mid to high 90's.. Did find a spring. Looks like it was used for by some ranchers at some time. The grass was green around it but I didn't dig around to confirm water.

--
Cant drive 55
Britain
http://icorva.com
link
Buford
Buford

4/23/2018
Buford
Buford
I bet bighorn have seen you.

I have seen sheep in Indian Gorge and crossing Montezuma Grade this year. I am sure they have spotted me on more occasions.

--
Links to my photos: ABDSP photos, Bighorn sheep photos, ABDSP time lapse video, Wildlife photos (mainly birds)
link
Scooter
Scooter

4/23/2018
Scooter
Scooter
Saw three on Sunset Peak a few months ago saw one in Split Mountain before the anticline last Wednesday.
link
tekewin
tekewin

4/23/2018
tekewin
tekewin
So far, seven trips to the desert this year, zero bighorn spotted.
link
Canebrake Jeff
Canebrake Jeff

5/4/2018
Canebrake Jeff
Canebrake Jeff
The Canebrake herd is here in Canebrake and the canyons just above all the time. I have seen up to 15 at a time. Next month they will mostly hang out in Agua Caliente. They are usually still there in September. They cross S-2 to graze just north of Agua Caliente, mid day, this time of year. The mail lady sees them almost every day in the hot months. She hit a huge Ram and totaled her car there two years ago. The County will not put up a Bighorn crossing sign there.
link
Canebrake Jeff
Canebrake Jeff

5/16/2018
Canebrake Jeff
Canebrake Jeff
Lots of Bighorns in the Agua Caliente Campground in the last few days. They come into the camp to drink in the middle of the day. Several just above the pool on Monday.
link
Britain
Britain

5/16/2018
Britain
Britain
Canebrake Jeff wrote:
Lots of Bighorns in the Agua Caliente Campground in the last few days. They come into the camp to drink in the middle of the day. Several just above the pool on Monday.

Well, good to see someone spotted some!

--
Cant drive 55
Britain
link
Scooter
Scooter

5/25/2018
Scooter
Scooter
Boy ...Canebreak Jeff was right !! I camped at Auga Caliente on Wednesday. I had to wait for the 11 bighorn to cross the driveway so I could get to my campsite. They were everywhere including the babies !!
link
tekewin
tekewin

5/30/2018
tekewin
tekewin
Dang. I did two hikes in the area this year and nada. Come to think of it, the only place I've seen bighorns in AB was on a ridge on the way to San Ysidro East. Scat and prints are everywhere, but they are hard for me to spot.
link
Britain
Britain

7/2/2018
Britain
Britain
Initial reports on the sheep counts are out. Couple folks here are in the count. Waiting for their report.

--
Cant drive 55
Britain
link
Canebraker Jeff
Canebraker Jeff

9/22/2018
Canebraker Jeff
Canebraker Jeff
Lots of Bighorns in and above Agua Caliente County Park almost every day
link