HomeCompleted Trips

Talk about a trip you took out to Anza Borrego

June Wash, Torote Canyon, Indian Hill Messages in this topic - RSS

anutami
anutami

1/1/2013
anutami
anutami
Decided to fit one more trip in before the year was over. My Dad, Aunt and nephews were staying at Agua Caliente. Decided to meet up with them and do a few hikes. My nephews have never been to ABDSP, so their cousins Brenna and Brett wanted to show them around the place.

It is hard to justify camping at agua caliente for $33 a night when you can drive up june wash 5 min away and be totally on your own. We decided to camp up June wash and just meet up with the fam the next day. Being that it was a full moon and all was able to get some pretty decent night shots....This was taken around 9pm

This was pretty cool because you can see a hint of laguna mountains and the sawtooth range....this also meant I had cell service, something you can't get at agua caliente.

Midnight storm rolling in

Picked up the kids and all piled in the rig to go check out Torote Canyon....from left to right Grayson 6, Brett 5, Brenna 7, and Garin 7

Flying in the millenium falcon

now they know what an elephant tree is!

Doing a little jedi training

Always nice to get a xmas present to use when camping

Took the kids to the Indian cave/playground to burn a few more calories

The Next day headed out to Indian Hill to explore some more Indian Caves

Brenna was the leader guiding us to the ancient villiage

Started to rain a bit and used the cave for some shelter

There are several "rooms" to this cave so be sure and bring a good flashlight

Even has a nice and protected kitchen area

Brenna remembered how to find the Shamans Cave

This is on another rock near the Shamans cave that I had never noticed before

Brett even part Shaman in him, telling the sun to please come out.

Great trip with some ABDSP "first timers"

Headed home through Dos Cabezas road, and of course lost my way. Ended up driving on the Freeway they have build out there. The security patrol guy stopped me and asked if I was doing work in the area? I consider this to be harassment because it was obvious I was camping having my rig and all, as well as 2 kids riding up front. I can only think he was trying to imply that I am not supposed to be there unless I am doing work. He then asked if I was camping the area? and then asked If I was leaving the area. Next time I am just going to give him the middle finger and be on my way.
link