HomeUpcoming Trips

Post your upcoming trip out to Anza Borrego here. Great place to organize a group trip.

Domelands/badlands backpack tomorrow Messages in this topic - RSS

DHeuschele
DHeuschele

12/25/2017
DHeuschele
DHeuschele
Planning on doing Domeland/carrizo badlands tomorrow with my son and nephew.

We have done this hike a few times and have good familiarity with the wind caves, many of the various fossils (including the 3 giant urchin like shells) and the slot canyon into the badlands.

We plan to stay in the Penthouse Cave if it is available.

I am interested in other interesting things to do in the area. I have heard there is a giant chock rock in the area that is worth seeing.

Does anyone know where the chock rock is or have other recommendations for us to check out?
link
surfponto
surfponto
Administrator

1/29/2019
surfponto
surfponto
Administrator
Sorry you didn't get any responses to your post. Did you end up making the trip?

Have hiked the Domelands once and it pretty much blew me away.
The fossils out there are amazing.
It eventually got too hot and we cut our hike short, but you could easily spend days out there.

DHeuschele wrote:
Planning on doing Domeland/carrizo badlands tomorrow with my son and nephew.

We have done this hike a few times and have good familiarity with the wind caves, many of the various fossils (including the 3 giant urchin like shells) and the slot canyon into the badlands.

We plan to stay in the Penthouse Cave if it is available.

I am interested in other interesting things to do in the area. I have heard there is a giant chock rock in the area that is worth seeing.

Does anyone know where the chock rock is or have other recommendations for us to check out?

--
https://www.anzaborrego.net/

link