all messages by user

10/1/2015
Topic:
Looking for a mechanic to install lift on Tacoma

Dartman
Dartman
JBHogan wrote:
Hello forum members,

Longtime lurker, first time poster here, looking for a reputable mechanic or shop to do a mild lift on a late model Tacoma.

My plan is to purchase a Bilstein 5100 kit to get a basic 2" lift, but I don't have the resources available to perform the install work myself.

I'm posting here in hopes that someone here will have a recommendation for a decent shop in the San Diego County area.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks, ~J

Long time lurker myself. I have gained so much knowledge from this forum, I am glad I can finally help out. I had the 5100s installed on the front of our 2004 Sequoia by SoCal Suspension in El Cajon. They installed the 4600s in the rear, along with the Airlift airbag kit to keep the rear from sagging when loaded with all our camping gear and bikes. Nick and Eric were great. They seemed really honest and knowledgeable and made sure the job was done right. I use TLC in Kearny Mesa for our general maintenance and repair issues. Those guys are awesome. I didn't use them for the suspension because I wanted a specialty shop. I have also heard that SD Trux in Miramar area does good work on Toyota suspension, but I don't have any direct experience.

Can't wait til desert season! I'll try to post a few pics of the rig once I figure out how.

Good luck.

5/8/2017
Topic:
Whale Peak Trail Head Garbage

Dartman
Dartman
Unbelievable. When was it discovered? My son and I just camped there on April 29-30 and it was spotless. All we could manage for our "leave it cleaner than you found it" was a bottle cap.
5/9/2017
Topic:
Whale Peak Trail Head Garbage

Dartman
Dartman
Rocko1 wrote:
Dartman wrote:
Unbelievable. When was it discovered? My son and I just camped there on April 29-30 and it was spotless. All we could manage for our "leave it cleaner than you found it" was a bottle cap.

Did you camp at the end of the road? It may have been cleaned since I was there a 4 weeks or so ago.

I presume it is the same spot. This is the turn off to the right at the top of Pinyon Mountain Rd before it starts dropping down toward the Squeeze. I will try to attach a couple of pics.

"", ""
edited by Dartman on 5/9/2017