HomeAnza Borrego General

Anything about Anza Borrego that does not fit into one of the other forums.

Trail Less Traveled Messages in this topic - RSS

drew66
drew66

4/22/2015
drew66
drew66
Thank you for all of your trip reports they are very useful. My wife and I are planning a day trip out this weekend to AB and I would like some recommendations.We have a 2WD SUV but hope to park it and have a 4/5 hours round trip hike. We have been to AB many times but I realized after reading the trip reports we have been missing out on the area to the west of Vallecito / Agua Calente. We are looking at one of the following hikes: Inner Pasture or Vallecito / Storm Canyon.

After reading trip reports from both areas and I am leaning towards IP. I understand that there is a way to IP through (a) Sandy Wash near mile 41 on S2. Any additional details on Sandy Wash or would it be better to go Canebrake Canyon to IP? As for Vallecito / Storm Canyon how best to begin the trip?

For us we are looking for a good hike where we can explore and find some hidden "treasures" along the way. Let us know your recommendation or even a possibly a whole different hike in that area. Looking for something off the the beaten track er... trail smile

Thanks,
Drew
link