HomeUpcoming Trips

Post your upcoming trip out to Anza Borrego here. Great place to organize a group trip.

dos cabezas Messages in this topic - RSS

619walker
619walker

11/4/2015
619walker
619walker
Hey folks, just looking for some advice on this one. This weekend I was planning on driving out to Dos Cabezas (the old rail station) and camping out for the night. Is that in ABDSP, can I do that? Or is it private property? I have a fire-ring and I have done dirt road camping in ABDSP before but wasn't sure about this area in particular.
  • Are there some roads that are better than others to get there, or is there just the one?
  • Can 2-wheel drive vehicles make it? My friend and I have 4x4's, but another friend has a lower clearance 2 wheel drive crossover.
  • How much worse is it from the train station to the spring? (road conditions wise) We have center locking diff but not full lockers (80's and 90's Land Cruisers), recovery straps, a shovel, and the two vehicles.

Any advice would be great. Maybe I'm over thinking this but just wanted to plan it out a bit before we drive all the way out there from the city.
link