HomeCompleted Trips

Talk about a trip you took out to Anza Borrego

Eureka, I have found it! Messages in this topic - RSS

TR
TR

1/9/2012
TR
TR
Well, all the scratches on my shins had healed, and my Christmas present was itching to get used, so it was time to go back out to Indian Hill. So I packed up and left early Sunday morning. Wind warnings be damned.

Well, it was windy, and for a normal person, I guess a bit chilly. The only other two hikers that I saw were wearing jackets and long pants. So I was wearing a T shirt and shorts.

For Christmas I got a 70-300 mm zoom lens, so I was dying to go out and get some wildlife shots. So of course I only saw one jackrabbit, and four birds. They were all gone before I could switch out the lens. I guess it was too windy or cold for all the lizzards, and snakes.

Saw some more melons.

I wonder if they are edible? Probably not, because they are just laying on the ground, and the animals don't seem to eat them.

A flower I found particulary interesting.

And some scat.

These tracks were interesting. They were fairly deep. So whatever made them was reasonably big.

Finally, at last Indian Hill. In spite of the numerous resources that I have mentioning that it was mislabeled on the topo map, the first two trips out, I went to the wrong hill.

You couldn't sling a cat without hitting a mortero.

Finally, I found the cave!

With as many earthquakes as we have, it's hard believe to this hasn't fallen.

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but the number of interesting caves, and rocks, and yonnis, at Indian Hill is incredible.

A little way from the hill I ran across some pottery shards.

Trifecta; Agave, Cholla, and Fish Hook cactus.

Inspite of the cool, windy conditions, it was a beautiful day.

Only one helicopter all day.

And it was a full moon.
link