HomeUpcoming Trips

Post your upcoming trip out to Anza Borrego here. Great place to organize a group trip.

Jojoba wash dos cabezas road Messages in this topic - RSS

anutami
anutami

1/23/2012
anutami
anutami
Looking to explore the area this weekend and have never been. Looks like many of you guys frequent this section of the park. I am looking to check out Indian hill with my kids and camp in jojoba wash. Am I able to get my truck and camper through these trails? I will usually scout things out before getting my camper in a place I can't get out of.
link
surfponto
surfponto
Administrator

1/23/2012
surfponto
surfponto
Administrator
You will have no problem on the jeep trails around Dos Cabezas / Jojoba Wash.
There are a couple places, depending on your route that you probably should avoid, but both have alternate routes.

There are some great camp sites in that area.

Pretty much my favorite area to camp smile
<em>edited by surfponto on 1/23/2012</em>

--
https://www.anzaborrego.net/

link
anutami
anutami

1/23/2012
anutami
anutami
surfponto wrote:
You will have no problem on the jeep trails around Dos Cabezas / Jojoba Wash.
There are a couple places, depending on your route that you probably should avoid, but both have alternate routes.

There are some great camp sites in that area.

Pretty much my favorite area to camp smile
edited by surfponto on 1/23/2012

Thanks, that campsite looks sweet
link
anutami
anutami

1/25/2012
anutami
anutami
anutami wrote:
Looking to explore the area this weekend and have never been. Looks like many of you guys frequent this section of the park. I am looking to check out Indian hill with my kids and camp in jojoba wash. Am I able to get my truck and camper through these trails? I will usually scout things out before getting my camper in a place I can't get out of.

Also, does anyone know if there is cell coverage in the area? I have AT&T. Thanks
link
surfponto
surfponto
Administrator

1/27/2012
surfponto
surfponto
Administrator
My iPhone (AT&T) usually works pretty good around Mortero Wash.
Carrizo Gorge on the other hand, not so good.

anutami wrote:
anutami wrote:

Also, does anyone know if there is cell coverage in the area? I have AT&T. Thanks

--

link
anutami
anutami

1/27/2012
anutami
anutami
surfponto wrote:
My iPhone (AT&T) usually works pretty good around Mortero Wash.
Carrizo Gorge on the other hand, not so good.

anutami wrote:
anutami wrote:

Cool looks like I have full bars....at the stage station.
link
anutami
anutami

1/27/2012
anutami
anutami
anutami wrote:

Standing at the Indian hill trailhead....bighorn sheep sighting!
link
surfponto
surfponto
Administrator

1/27/2012
surfponto
surfponto
Administrator
Wow
Can you send a picture.
That is where we spotted a group of Bighorns a couple years back

anutami wrote:
anutami wrote:

Standing at the Indian hill trailhead....bighorn sheep sighting!

--

link