HomeCompleted Trips

Talk about a trip you took out to Anza Borrego

Anza Borrego Mud Caves at Arroyo Tapiado Messages in this topic - RSS

surfponto
surfponto
Administrator
Posts: 1275


4/5/2010
surfponto
surfponto
Administrator
Posts: 1275
We had a fun group trip to the Arroyo Tapiado Mud caves. Hidden Cave is awesome. You basically slither along some of the passages like a snake until it opens up in rooms that you can stand up in.
I have a post update at lhttp://www.anzaborrego.net



--
http://www.anzaborrego.net/



link
hikerdmb
hikerdmb
Posts: 423


4/11/2010
hikerdmb
hikerdmb
Posts: 423
Bob,
I read the trip report on the website. Looks like it was kind of warm and you had a good sized group too. Nice pics. That is a nice portable grill too.

I missed the desert while I was gone but it is tough to beat backcountry skiing in Yosemite. I will send you a link to the pics when I get them up but I think it will be a while.
David
link
surfponto
surfponto
Administrator
Posts: 1275


4/12/2010
surfponto
surfponto
Administrator
Posts: 1275
Hey David,
Welcome back.
Yeah it was a fun trip. Guess we missed the earthquake by a day.
Apparently the Fish Creek Sandstone canyon area received some damage.



It would not have wanted to been inside the mud caves during that shake. upset
hikerdmb wrote:
Bob,
I read the trip report on the website. Looks like it was kind of warm and you had a good sized group too. Nice pics. That is a nice portable grill too.

I missed the desert while I was gone but it is tough to beat backcountry skiing in Yosemite. I will send you a link to the pics when I get them up but I think it will be a while.
David

<em>edited by surfponto on 4/12/2010</em>

--
http://www.anzaborrego.net/



link
hikerdmb
hikerdmb
Posts: 423


4/12/2010
hikerdmb
hikerdmb
Posts: 423
Bob,
Is that pic from after the quake? Did you go out there and find this? As Aron Ralston said after he got stuck between the rock and the wall, something like, "Geologic time in now."
David
link
surfponto
surfponto
Administrator
Posts: 1275


4/12/2010
surfponto
surfponto
Administrator
Posts: 1275
No it was forwarded to me from www.Dzrtgrls.com
She found it on this forum.

hikerdmb wrote:
Bob,
Is that pic from after the quake? Did you go out there and find this? As Aron Ralston said after he got stuck between the rock and the wall, something like, "Geologic time in now."
David

<em>edited by surfponto on 4/12/2010</em>

--
http://www.anzaborrego.net/



link
cirquedreams
cirquedreams
Posts: 1


6/28/2011
cirquedreams
cirquedreams
Posts: 1
once i get to borrego springs how do i get to the actual caves ?i tried finding them last time and all i found was a place to go dirt bike riding
link
surfponto
surfponto
Administrator
Posts: 1275


6/28/2011
surfponto
surfponto
Administrator
Posts: 1275
Hi and welcome.
The Mud caves are a ways from Borrego Springs. Easiest access is off the S2 across from Canebrake in the southern end of the park
I believe the dirt road is called Vallecito Creek road which then meets up with Arroyo Tapiado

Bob


cirquedreams wrote:
once i get to borrego springs how do i get to the actual caves ?i tried finding them last time and all i found was a place to go dirt bike riding


--
http://www.anzaborrego.net/



link






Powered by Jitbit Forum 8.3.8.0 © 2006-2013 Jitbit Software