HomeCompleted Trips

Talk about a trip you took out to Anza Borrego

End of Dos Cabezas Road Messages in this topic - RSS

anutami
anutami

10/22/2012
anutami
anutami
Headed out to Dos Cabezas to hike the railroad tracks, tried to access Dos Cabezas off S-2, but the wind farm project was bustling like crazy, with trucks running all over the place. I tuck tailed and ran to the next wash

Decided to take Mortero Wash instead...was a bit rusty on my 4x4ing, as I had a lot of "sway" going on with the rig.

It was also nice taking the bypass passed Dos Cabezas Mine and not having to get too crazy. Tom and Daren...Thanks for the headsup smile

Nice pic of Carrizo Mountain

camp for the next 2 nights

I think the meteor shower was a bit of a bust!!! saw 3... not sure if I was looking in the right place, but I did not get much sleep waiting, and waiting, and waiting...

headed out on the tracks (please don't report me) I noticed quad tracks going all the way up the railroad. Do they patrol the tracks on quad?

sombrero peak in the background

Carrizo Palms

was a bit windy on saturday and blew like crazy on Sat. Night! at times I though the truck was going to be blown over!

It was a great first trip of the season! Kids want to check out the Goat canyon trestle for next time and probably will do a backpack trip with them to it, through mortero palms.

edited by anutami on 10/22/2012
edited by anutami on 11/29/2012
link