HomeCompleted Trips

Talk about a trip you took out to Anza Borrego

Agua Caliente Hot Springs Messages in this topic - RSS

AdventureGraham
AdventureGraham

4/12/2013
AdventureGraham
AdventureGraham
Over the first weekend in April, my family got together for a camping trip to Agua Caliente County Park in Anza-Borrego. Much time was spend soaking in the hot spring at night, cooling off in the outdoor pools in the day, and just relaxing around camp. I had misplaced the keys to my Jeep just before we left so we had to take the car. This meant that I wouldn't be able to drive on out to the Mud Caves in Arroyo Tapiado Canyon like I had planned. I was able to hike the easy trail to Squaw Pond, as described by Jerry Schad. Hopefully we can get in one more trip into the desert before the heat get turned on full time.

edited by BorregoWrangler on 4/12/2013
link
DesertWRX
DesertWRX

4/14/2013
DesertWRX
DesertWRX
I see the trail sign says "no dogs" does that mean they allow them in the campground now?
link
ziphius
ziphius

4/15/2013
ziphius
ziphius
Nice, I've never seen Squaw Pond, was curious what that trail was like. smile Jim

--
http://www.coyotelearning.org
link
anutami
anutami

4/15/2013
anutami
anutami
We almost headed out there but the campground was completely full. Your tent looks nice and cozy smileHow is the large outdoor pool and water temp?
link
AdventureGraham
AdventureGraham

4/16/2013
AdventureGraham
AdventureGraham
DesertWRX wrote:
I see the trail sign says "no dogs" does that mean they allow them in the campground now?

Yes, I saw dogs in the campground. I believe they have to be leashed.
link
AdventureGraham
AdventureGraham

4/16/2013
AdventureGraham
AdventureGraham
Nolan (anutami) wrote:
We almost headed out there but the campground was completely full. Your tent looks nice and cozy smileHow is the large outdoor pool and water temp?

The water temp in the outside pools are definitely cooler. Low 70's I'd say. They were certainly enjoyable in the warmer weather, which made the indoor spa more appealing when the sun went down and it got cooler out.
link