HomeCompleted Trips

Talk about a trip you took out to Anza Borrego

South Carrizo Creek to the Arroyo Tapiado Mud Caves Messages in this topic - RSS

cstephens
cstephens

11/19/2013
cstephens
cstephens
I am new to this forum and am super stoked to have found one on Anza Borrego. I've been camping and Jeeping in Borrego since I was 16 (10 years ago) when I got my first Wrangler. I was out camped at Mountain Palm Springs for the first time this weekend and it was beautiful. Mid 70's during the day and 40's at night. It was windy but our camp site was fairly protected from the wind. We drove out to the mud caves via South Carizo Creek and was blow away at the condition of the road. It has been a few years since I was out that way and I couldn't believe how deep the sand was. As we got toward the main wash, the sand was deeper than anything I've ever seen. I was in my 4X4 Wrangler and things got pretty squirrely. I should have aired down but I chose not to. The road the rest of the way out was in pretty good shape but the caves were packed. Even though it was crowded, we still had a great time. Looking forward to keeping up on the forum.
+1 link
DesertWRX
DesertWRX

11/23/2013
DesertWRX
DesertWRX
Welcome to the forum! My wife and I do cleanup for the State Park and Carrizo Creek and Arroyo Tapiado is one of the areas we do. We were there a couple weeks ago cleaning and found all sorts of things the 2 summer storms dug up... even a small barbecue!
+1 link