HomeCompleted Trips

Talk about a trip you took out to Anza Borrego

Egg Mountain: Island in the sky Paradise Messages in this topic - RSS

anutami
anutami

1/29/2014
anutami
anutami
I have had the Truck Camper blues for awhile now. I got both settlements for the truck and camper squared away. My truck is fixed but I am without a camper. I talked to the Factory that made my camper and they said they would to get me into another one at a discount price and will reinforce the anchor bolts on the new one. They are going to build it custom for me. I will be picking it up probably in March/ April all the way in Oregon. In the meantime I can't just sit and wait around so I decided to pick up a used travel trailer on craigslist. We headed out to Egg Mountain as I have always wanted to camp out on the the top. Wow! what an amazing place! If you have never camped out at the top THIS IS A MUST DO! I would also recommend this as a first timers campsite if you have never been to Anza Borrego Desert State Park. You will be hooked after camping here.The lighting is amazing, the views are 360 degrees in all directions! There is so much to do in the surrounding area it makes the perfect base camp. Especially if you have an RV or Car camping with lots of gear. There are two really nice campsites on the top although they are right next to eachother and you do not need 4wd to get there.

Top of egg mountain is nice and flat, With I would say one of the best campsites (for car campers and Rv's) in all of Anza Borrego Desert State Park! (if there is no wind)

View Looking into Carrizo Gorge/Creek

View Looking East towards Fish Creek

View looking North towards Whale Peak/Indian Gorge entrance

View Looking West towards sombrero Peak and bow willow campground

morning sunrise

Did some exploring East Through Canyon Sin Nombre and south carrizo creek rd.

Brenna had never been up the awesome slot canyon of Canyon sin nombre

and Rusty got in on some of the action as well smile

Found a nice Metate

It was a quick trip, but great to get back out since the accident.
edited by anutami on 1/29/2014
link