HomeCompleted Trips

Talk about a trip you took out to Anza Borrego

Short overnight in northern AB Messages in this topic - RSS

Florian
Florian
Posts: 129


5/16/2014
Florian
Florian
Posts: 129
Quick overnight trip to the northern AB on Tuesday (5/13) before temps get too hot. Camped at a spot i like along the Coyote Canyon road. High temp for the afternoon was 88°. Quiet afternoon with no traffic passing by my campsite. Very nice. Did an out-and-back bike ride from Christmas Circle on Borrego Springs Road and the Texas Dip on Wednesday. Links to photos and ride track below.

Photos .. https://www.flickr.com/photos/fboyd/sets/72157644624561756/
Track of ride .. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/499609196

-Florian
link
Borregolinda
Borregolinda
Posts: 69


5/17/2014
Borregolinda
Borregolinda
Posts: 69
I hope you dismantled your illegal firepit before you left.
link
Florian
Florian
Posts: 129


5/18/2014
Florian
Florian
Posts: 129
Last time i camped at that site there were the remains of a fresh campfire complete with burned trash and melted aluminum cans. Was disgusting. I don't understand how people can be so uncaring and disrespectful. I cleaned it up best i could.

-Florian
link
Florian
Florian
Posts: 129


5/18/2014
Florian
Florian
Posts: 129
Borregolinda wrote:
I hope you dismantled your illegal firepit before you left.

Linda, you were joking about the fire pit right? I didn't build it. Looks like it's been there a while. It's up a ridge north-east of the main Coyote Canyon road.

-Florian
edited by Florian on 5/19/2014
link
dsefcik
dsefcik
Administrator
Posts: 2518


5/18/2014
dsefcik
dsefcik
Administrator
Posts: 2518
How is the (bypass) road into Coyote Cyn these days, I have not been there since last May.

--
http://www.sefcik.com
http://www.darensefcik.com
http://www.carrizogorge.com
link
Florian
Florian
Posts: 129


5/18/2014
Florian
Florian
Posts: 129
dsefcik wrote:
How is the (bypass) road into Coyote Cyn these days, I have not been there since last May.

Didn't go that far. I had my bike on the roof rack and can't do rough roads with the bike. The side-to-side motion induces too much torque on the bike and can rip the rack off the jeep. I know this from experience.

-Florian
link
Florian
Florian
Posts: 129


5/18/2014
Florian
Florian
Posts: 129
Here is a picture of the fire pit trash from October ..


edited by Florian on 5/19/2014
link
ziphius
ziphius
Posts: 890


5/18/2014
ziphius
ziphius
Posts: 890
I like the 'ocotillo's perspective of an ocotillo' photo!

--
http://www.coyotelearning.org
link
Borregolinda
Borregolinda
Posts: 69


5/20/2014
Borregolinda
Borregolinda
Posts: 69
Florian wrote:
Borregolinda wrote:
I hope you dismantled your illegal firepit before you left.

Linda, you were joking about the fire pit right? I didn't build it. Looks like it's been there a while. It's up a ridge north-east of the main Coyote Canyon road.

-Florian
edited by Florian on 5/19/2014


Why would I joke about an illegal fire pit. Since it was in your trip photos and didn't say you found it out there and there was wood in it I figured it was yours. Sorry. We are volunteers with the Adopt a Wash program and we clean Coyote Canyon. Including removing fire pits. This may have been there after our last clean up. Where is it exactly so we can get it next week when we go out?
link
Florian
Florian
Posts: 129


5/20/2014
Florian
Florian
Posts: 129
Borregolinda wrote:
Why would I joke about an illegal fire pit. Since it was in your trip photos and didn't say you found it out there and there was wood in it I figured it was yours.

If you click on the photo in the flickr album and read the description you'll see that i mentioned it was old. It's up a ridge a ways from the main road. It may be historic. Thanks for your volunteer work in the park. I do a lot of "free-lance" cleanup myself and would NEVER build a fire pit nor have a ground fire of any kind.



-Florian


edited by Florian on 5/20/2014
link
Borregolinda
Borregolinda
Posts: 69


5/20/2014
Borregolinda
Borregolinda
Posts: 69
Florian wrote:
Borregolinda wrote:
Why would I joke about an illegal fire pit. Since it was in your trip photos and didn't say you found it out there and there was wood in it I figured it was yours.

If you click on the flickr photo and read the description you'll see that i mentioned it was old. It's up a ridge a ways from the main road. It may be historic. Thanks for your volunteer work in the park. I do a lot of "free-lance" cleanup myself and would NEVER build a fire pit nor have a ground fire of any kind.


I clicked again...just see that it says "Firepit" Sorry again.


-Florian

link
Florian
Florian
Posts: 129


5/20/2014
Florian
Florian
Posts: 129
Borregolinda wrote:
I clicked again...just see that it says "Firepit" Sorry again.

You clicked on the photo of the firepit? Here is direct link to the photo. You should see my comment on the right side ..

https://www.flickr.com/photos/fboyd/14188658724/in/set-72157644624561756

Anyway, glad we clarified that i did not build it.

-Florian
link
rockhopper
rockhopper
Posts: 599


5/21/2014
rockhopper
rockhopper
Posts: 599
Florian,
Glad you had a great trip in AB after your Arizona hike. Looks like we all may need to be camping at higher elevation soon to keep cool and get water as peak dez. season winds down.
Fire Rings. Hate to be the bearer of news but, there are tons of Fire rings through out the ADDSP wilderness. Some quite old. Many at old native village sites still used by todays travelers. Personally I don't build fires. I use my MSR stove , eat and drop dead in my tent , feet exhausted to be ready for the next day.:-)
link






Powered by Jitbit Forum 8.3.8.0 © 2006-2013 Jitbit Software