DesertZenGlen

all messages by user

10/23/2012
Topic:
Fish Creek Wash Rd Conditions

DesertZenGlen
DesertZenGlen
My wife and I foolishly decided to head out to Sandstone Canyon via Fish Creek in my Toyota Tacoma 2x in late September. The silt at the bottom of the canyon was so bad, we got stuck in about a minute and a half. It was about 9:30 pm, and we figured we were just going to have to set up camp there and wait until morning to get help out. Fortunately, two semis hauling rocks from the mine were heading out, and we were close enough to the road to flag them down. The drivers (both totally awesome guys...Curtis was an ex-Marine, and his buddy who's name I forgot), helped us dig and push out the truck.

So my question is, how soon before I'll be able to get back out there? I want to see how things are going on getting all the paint off of Oyster Shell Wash, and I have a desperate need for some Split Mountain sunrises and sunsets.
10/23/2012
Topic:
Fish Creek Wash Rd Conditions

DesertZenGlen
DesertZenGlen
Well, last time we made it out to Oyster Shell Wash some punks had tagged up the end of it, big time - that little bowl all the way down the canyon as well as some rocks along the trail that leads up from it. We were furious when we saw it! Last time we saw Ranger Steve at the Borrego Palm Springs campground he mentioned that he was getting volunteers together in November to do some work on restoring the area, but haven't heard back from him about it since...