Bill Haneline

all messages by user

5/13/2013
Topic:
Fish Creek Mts and Ancient Lake Cahuilla

Bill Haneline
Bill Haneline
Once you get by the bottomless dust pits on the road following the train tracks (you have to carry some speed through the deep silt) the route is fine. Cross under the trestle and follow the wash to the no entry signs and you'll be in the bombing area.
5/13/2013
Topic:
Login Username Issue

Bill Haneline
Bill Haneline
When I tried to login it would not take my username with the proper caps... DesertWRX. When I type it in properly it uses the name that shows in the blue box below, which is Desertwrx, and it tells me I have an incorrect username. It is doing this on both my pc's. On my wife's Mac it keeps the correct caps and allows me to sign in. Help!
5/13/2013
Topic:
Login Username Issue

Bill Haneline
Bill Haneline
I just tried that and went from 305m to 300k and still can't get my username correct. Any ideas how to make it not case sensitive?
5/15/2013
Topic:
Login Username Issue

Bill Haneline
Bill Haneline
Firefox
5/15/2013
Topic:
Baja Bug for Sale

Bill Haneline
Bill Haneline
That looks like a very well built Baja. The front beam is pretty nice, roll cage, IRS w/boxed arms, large Weber carb'd engine, one piece front body. Great wheels but the rear tires are low on tread and it's close to not street legal without wipers, signals, brake lights, and parking lights. Maybe I just can't see the lights front and rear. You're going to need wipers for the puddles and... rainsmile
5/15/2013
Topic:
Toyota 1HZ Diesel Motor Rebuild Complete

Bill Haneline
Bill Haneline
Michelle Geer wrote:
Would you be interested in a photoshoot out in the desert? I am a young automotive photographer and will be traveling to Borrego in search of new portfolio material.

Follow me, I can get stuck for you!
5/15/2013
Topic:
Sheep & Lower Coyote Canyon Trip

Bill Haneline
Bill Haneline
Great pictures! My wife and I have Coyote Canyon and Sheep Canyon for the ABDSP Adopt a Trail/Wash program. Always removing ground fire rings and picking up trash (and mylar balloons!)! Keeping that part of the park clean is a reward in itself, but the views really make it worth it. Going up one more time before the road is closed for the season.
5/15/2013
Topic:
Traveling Automotive Photographer

Bill Haneline
Bill Haneline
That's a large area to cover in only a few days!
We have a few offroad vehicles and we live in the Borrego area.

I see you have covered the Long Beach D1 event. I was a flagger at Turn 9 this year! And no, I'm the other Bill, not The Bearded Man of Drifting. People do come up to me and mistake me for TBMoD and I just go along with them!

Turn 11 a couple years ago

edited by Bill Haneline on 5/15/2013
5/23/2013
Topic:
Controlled burn out of control near Banner Grade

Bill Haneline
Bill Haneline
I'm no controlled burn expert, but there was a wind warning on my phone at 5 am for this area.
5/30/2013
Topic:
Sheep Canyon Pot Farm

Bill Haneline
Bill Haneline
Borrego has a new newspaper called The Borregan, run by the former editor of The Sun. The original paper, The Sun, now is run by the Owner/Publisher/Editor and kinda looks at the area though rose colored glasses some say. The Chamber of Commerce probably likes this! Here is the first issue, which came out today... http://www.sea2mountainmedia.com/The_Borregan.html

Go to page 16 for a very interesting story. Have any of you hikers seen this?
6/10/2013
Topic:
Indian/Cougar/Sheep Canyon Day Hikes

Bill Haneline
Bill Haneline
The Bypass Road use to be the toughest road in Anza-Borrego. Lots of boulder climbing and you needed a spotter. Now days it is a steep bumpy road. But, people who could not see the beauty of our park up there have a chance now.
6/13/2013
Topic:
Indian/Cougar/Sheep Canyon Day Hikes

Bill Haneline
Bill Haneline
Nolan (anutami)
Bill, do you have any old photos you can share of what the road used to look like?[/quote
wrote:

I'll have to search for those. I also took a video several years back from inside a Hummer but that stayed with the owner of the camera! A ranger started adding rocks to the road several years ago but the real change was 2 years ago when the road was "improved" for fire fighting vehicles during the big fires origination out of the reservation in Warner Springs. I'll check with a ranger to see how all those round rocks were brought and added to the Bypass Road.
6/13/2013
Topic:
The Desert Magazine

Bill Haneline
Bill Haneline
One of my favorite things to do is go is to go into our nice cool Borrego Springs library and sit down with the old Desert Magazines!